Barbecued Beef with Chimichurri Pickled Vegetables
Serves 4 Preparation: 15 minutes. Cooking: 10 minutes Difficulty: Low
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 600 g lean beef minute steaks, seasoned with pepper
- 2 eggplants, cut into wedges
- 500 g cauliflower florets, halved
Chimichurri Pickled Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¹⁄³ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¹⁄³ cup finely chopped coriander
- ½ cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200 g baby button mushrooms,
To make the chimichurri pickled vegetables, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper. Set aside, stirring occasionally.
Preheat a barbecue chargrill plate to high. Combine the oil, paprika and beef and set aside. Place the eggplant and cauliflower on the chargrill plate and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and just tender. Transfer to a serving platter.
Chargrill the beef for 30 seconds each side, then add to the platter.
Spoon over the chimichurri pickled vegetables and serve.
Recipe extracted from CSIRO Quick & Easy by Professor Grant Brinkworth, Dr Jane Bowen and Genevieve James-Martin. Macmillan, RRP $39.99